We are glad you found us! Come join us for worship on Sunday morning in our sanctuary or for our many other regular and special events that happen throughout the week.
- 8:00 AM - Worship (with weekly communion)
- 9:00 AM - Breakfast
- 9:20 AM - Sunday School - Children, Youth, and Adult Classes
- 10:30 AM - Worship (with the Choir and communion on the first Sundays of the month)
- In the United Methodist Church we celebrate Holy Communion with the practice of an Open Table. This means that all are welcome to receive Holy Communion. We believe that the altar table does not belong to us or to this congregation, but it belongs to the Lord. Therefore, all are welcome.
- Most of the time, we receive communion by intinction. You will be given a piece of bread. You will take that piece of bread and dip it into the grape juice and receive the elements together. If you forget, and eat the bread, fear not. We will provide you with another piece. There is always enough.
- We encourage you to share Holy Communion with your children. They are welcome in all places of worship.
If it is your first time in our Sunday morning worship service, here's what to expect:
- We have parking spaces on several sides of the church so there is plenty of room for parking
- The worship services are in our sanctuary, the tall limestone building. The first service starts at 8 AM and goes to about 9:05, and the second service starts at 10:30 AM and gets out usually a few minutes after 11:30. When you enter the sanctuary building, you will probably see someone standing outside the worship space, who will greet you and give you a bulletin. From there just go into the sanctuary and pick a seat anywhere.
- There is a time in the service called "Passing The Peace," where everyone greets those around them with a handshake or hug and the words "Peace be with you." These are the words by which Jesus once greeted his disciples after his crucifixion and resurrection.
- Besides that, enjoy! Use the service and the hymns and the prayers as an opportunity to respond to God. We're happy to have you worshiping with us, and hope to get to know you.
Lakehills U.M.C. is located at the corner of Ave J & 8th St in Lakehills Texas. Lakehills is north of San Antonio, Texas at Medina Lake. Take Highway 16 north to Park Road 37. Turn left on to Park Road 37 and continue approximately 11 miles to the four way stop at Park Road 37 and FM 1283. Continue on PR 37 to 8th St. Turn right on 8th St, and we are approximately 1/4 mile down on the left.